PERSONAL INFORMATION THE FOUNDATION COLLECTS
To personalize and improve our services, the Foundation collects the following kinds of information:
Personal Information You Provide
The kinds of personal information we may collect as a result of your visit or uploading of information may include any or all of the following:
- your full name
- email address
- phone number(s)
- credit card and/or other payment information
- IP address
- browser information
- other information (e.g., Tribute information)
If you choose not to provide certain information, you may not be able to take full advantage of the Foundation’s website(s). Your personal information is used to help us answering questions, send information about current and upcoming events, and to communicate with you about new services and features the Foundation is offering.
Automatically-Collected Personal Information
- The Foundation automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser. This information includes your IP address, cookie information, and the page(s) you request.
- We may also automatically collect usage information, such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to our website(s) and the individual pages or content visited. The Foundation does not collect or use this data on an individual (personally identifiable) basis. By analyzing the aggregate (grouped) data we collect, we can determine what are the most popular sections of the website, as well as what areas can be improved upon. The Foundation never uses aggregate information in ways that could personally identify you.
The Foundation may use email communications to help make communications between us more engaging and useful for you. When you receive e-mail from us, you can “opt out” of further e-mail contact by following the “unsubscribe” instructions in the email.
- Cookies are sent to the hard drive on your computer so that our systems can recognize your browser and tell us how and when you visited our website(s). Cookies can help us improve your overall website experience.
- You may be able to turn off the cookie feature in your browser, and then be prompted on whether you want to accept or reject of each new cookie presented to your computer. However, you may find this constant interruption takes away from the enjoyment and experience you want to have from the Foundation’s websites.
PERSONAL INFORMATION SHARING
If we intend to share any personal information with or vendors or sponsors, we will always request your permission to share the information. You may “opt out” of the request based on the way that option is presented in the correspondence you receive. If we share your personal information with vendors who perform a service on our behalf, they are only allowed to use your personal information specifically for the limited purpose of performing the service on our behalf. Additionally, we may also divulge personal information (i) to protect our interests or property, (ii) to prevent fraud, (iii) to enforce the Foundation’s license agreements, (iv) if such information is subpoenaed, (v) if we believe that membership has been used to commit unlawful acts or acts that may endanger the health or safety of another user or of the general public, or (vi) to law enforcement or other government officials as we, in our sole and absolute discretion, deem necessary or appropriate.
The Foundation will never rent nor sell your personal information to anyone. We only share your personal information to:
Allow our vendors to perform tasks on our behalf, we may need to share your information with them improve our communications with you. However, our vendors can only use the personal information we share for the specific task(s) they have been hired to perform. You consent to the sharing of your personal information for these activities.
User profile information including user name, email address, and other information you enter may be displayed to other users to for the purpose of “paying tribute” or “telling your story.” However, your email address(es) will not be directly revealed to others except when you request to be "connected" to another user by invitation, or by choosing to include your email address in a profile.
You acknowledge and agree that by posting a tribute or telling your story, the Foundation may send you emails and other communications that relate to your submission.
We may release personal information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with the law; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of the Foundation, its employees, users, and/or others. This includes exchanging information with other organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Except as presented above, you will be notified when your personal information may be shared, and you will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURITY
Your personal information is password protected for your privacy and security. It is up to you to ensure there unauthorized access to your personal information by taking steps to keep your password protected, including:
- Limiting access to your computer and browser
- Signing out of your account
The Foundation will do its best to protect your personal information, and to keep your information private. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information against unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, as well as other unforeseen factors, that may compromise the security of your information at any time.
PERSONAL INFORMATION ACCESS
You can access the following information about yourself for the purpose of viewing, and in certain situations, updating that information. This list will change as Foundation website(s) change.
- Real name
- Account and user profile information
- User e-mail address
- User phone number
- Username and password
- User preferences
- You can opt out of disclosing information. However it may affect your access to certain website features and/or services.
- You can add or update certain information on pages at any time. However, we may maintain a copy of your previous information in our records.
- You may request that we delete your account altogether by sending an e-mail to www.greekamerica.org. However, some information may still remain in our records after your account has been deleted.
QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS
If you have questions or concerns regarding privacy on our website(s), please send a detailed message with the word PRIVACY in the subject line to www.greekamerica.org. We will make every effort to provide satisfactory answers to your questions or concerns.